The moment of truth is upon us, Thanksgiving cooks. Now is the time for a frenetic flurry of brining birds and baking bread, looking up last minute formulae for oyster dressing and sweet potato pie. At this late date, there’s little I can do to soothe your jangled nerves. But I can at least do this.
For your convenience, here is an index of Twice Cooked’s Thanksgiving recipes from this year and last:
- Vegan Pumpkin Soup (and its equally delicious non-vegan counterpart from way back in 2010)
- Roasted Turkey and Gravy, with Prunes, Apples, and Onions
- Roasted Squash Cubes with Sage and Bacon
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roulade
- Pumpkin Mousse
And here are a couple of other recipes that you might find useful (and seasonally appropriate) as you plan your Thanksgiving meal:
- Whole Grain Brown Bread (hardy, with just a touch of rye)
- Kheer (delightful, Thanksgiving-friendly Indian rice pudding)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Rings with Marinated Onions
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! And happy Chanukah, too!
And when all the food is eaten and all the dishes are done, remember to support this site by clicking through here to Amazon.com to do your holiday shopping.